Sunday, January 25, 2015
YORKSHIRE PUDDING RECIPE FROM ENGLAND IN 1870 ENJOY DAN:
YORKSHIRE PUDDING RECIPE FROM ENGLAND IN 1870 by MARGARET RACE:
2 eggs, large
1 cup milk
1 cup flour, all purpose flour
1/4-cup beef dripping or shortening
1. Whisk together eggs and milk.
2. Add flour and salt.
3. Beat until smooth using a hand beater.
4. Heat 9X13 inch glass dish in 450 degrees oven for 10 minutes.
5. Add beef drippings.
6. Pour in batter all at once,
7. Bake for 15 minutes.
8. Reduce heat to 350 and continue cooking for 15 minutes until pudding is puffy and golden brown.
9. Cut into squares and serve immediately—it deflates quickly.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!