Wednesday, January 7, 2015
PORK LOIN CHOPS IN MOLE SAUCE ENJOY DAN:
PORK LOIN CHOPS IN MOLE SAUCE by CHEF DAN:
4 boneless, pork loin chops (center cut)
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, roughly chopped
2 teaspoon EACH chili powder, and cumin
1/2 teaspoon EACH ground coriander, and cinnamon
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1 (15 Oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
3 tomatillos, hulled and roasted
2 tablespoons chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
1 tablespoon EACH lime juice, and almond butter
1/4-cup EACH pitted prunes, and unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1-1/4-cup chicken stock
1. Roast tomatillos under a broiler until blistered and blackened 5 minutes. set aside to cool.
2. Season pork loin chops with salt and pepper to taste
3. Add oil in a skillet over medium-high heat when sizzling.
4. Add chop and brown on all sides, about 7 minutes.
5. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
6. Return skillet of medium-heat and add onion, sauté for 5 minutes.
7. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, and cinnamon.
8. Cook stirring for 2 minutes.
9. Add tomatoes and cook 3 minutes more.
10. Stir in the chipotles, lime juice, and prunes, cook 1 minute.
11. Add stock and simmer for 5 minutes, and let cool.
12. Add mixture to a blender along with tomatillos.
13. Then add almond butter, and chocolate, puree until smooth.
14. Return chops to the skillet and pour mole sauce over the chops.
15. Cook over medium-heat for 8-10 minutes.
16. Serve with rice and black beans.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!