Thursday, January 22, 2015
BRUNSWICK STEW FROM MRS. R IN 1879 IN OLD VIRGINIA ENJOY DAN:
BRUNSWICK STEW FROM MRS. R IN 1879 IN OLD VIRGINIA by CHEF DAN:
Serves a bunch
1. Take two chickens or three or four squirrels, let them boil in water.
2. Cook one pint butter-beans, and one quart tomatoes; cook with the meat.
3. When done, add 1 dozen ears of corn, one dozen large tomatoes, and one pound butter.
4. Take out the chicken, cut into small pieces and put back; soak until it is well done and thick enough to be eaten with a fork.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!