Wednesday, January 21, 2015
CAROL GRANDFATHER BRUNSWICK STEW FROM GEORGIA FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN ENJOY DAN:
CAROL’S GRANDFATHERS BRUNSWICK STEW FROM GEORGIA FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN
1 5-pound pork butt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon paprika
2 pounds, skinless, boneless chicken breast
4 onions, diced
8 (14 Oz) cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
5 pound frozen corn, thawed
2 gallons, diced tomatoes
2 pound bottle of ketchup
1 (10 Oz) bottles Worcestershire sauce
1/4-cup Frank’s hot sauce
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES)
1. Season pork butt with olive oil and sprinkle on paprika.
2. Place on baking dish in a pre-heated oven for 2-3 hours or until internal temperature is 145 degrees.
3. Let cool and set aside
4. Season chicken with seasoning salt and paprika.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven for 50 minutes or internal temperature is 165 degrees.
6. In a food processor with metal blade add cooked meat and proceed until pureed, has to be done in batches.
7. Place in stock pot.
8. Next process chicken, puree and add to stock-pot.
9. Add onions to blender and blend until pureed, add to pot.
10. In batches blend the fire roasted tomatoes and corn until pureed add to pot.
11. In the stock-pot stir in ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
12. Add a little sugar and taste adding more sugar as needed.
13. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 2-1/2-3 hours.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!