Monday, January 12, 2015
LING COD WITH POTATOES ASPARAGUS AND TOMATOES ENJOY DAN:
LING COD WITH POTATOES ASPARAGUS AND TOMATOES by CHEF DAN:
2 new potatoes, very thinly sliced
2 shallots, thinly sliced
10 cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon capers
2 cloves garlic
1 (10.5 Oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
1- tablespoon walnut oil
1 pound fresh ling cod
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES>
1. In a pot of salted water add asparagus and blanch.
2. Place in bowl of ice water.
3. In 9X11 baking dish sprayed with Pam.
4. Spread out evenly potatoes, shallots, tomatoes, capers and garlic.
5. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
6. Whisk together chicken soup and stock.
7. Pour over potato mixture.
8. Cover and bake in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and place fish on top.
10. Drizzle with walnut oil and lemon juice, leaving lemon on top of the fish.
11. Return to oven and cook for a further 15- 20 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!