Friday, January 16, 2015
ROASTED EGGPLANT SOUP WITH FRESH MINT ENJOY DAN:
ROASTED EGGPLANT SOUP WITH FRESH MINT by CHEF DAN:
1 medium eggplant
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, smashed
2-1/2-cup vegetable broth
1-teaspoon fresh mint
1-cup SILK almond milk
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Mint spring for garnish
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 375 DEGREES)
1. Place the eggplant in a baking dish and pierce several times with a fork.
2. Roast; tuning occasionally, until the skins are deeply browned and the skin is wrinkle.
3. Bake for 1-1/2-hours, let cool then peel off skin.
4. In a skillet melt butter over medium-heat when sizzling.
5. Add onion, and garlic and sauté for 4 minutes.
6. Add eggplant breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
7. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add the broth and chopped mint, bring to a boil.
9. Recue heat to low; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
10. With a immersion blender, blend until smooth.
11. Over medium- low heat add almond milk and stir to combine.
12. Season with salt and pepper.
13. Garnish with fresh mint spears.
ENJOY DAN; BON-APPETITE!!