Sunday, January 11, 2015
GRILLED ROSEMARYCHICKEN WITH ITALIAN ARBORIO ENJOY DAN:
GRILLED ROSEMARY CHICKEN WITH ITALIAN ARBORIO by CHEF DAN:
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
4 garlic cloves, smashed
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves
3 cup boiling water
1/4-cup dried Shitake Mushrooms
1-1/2-cups Royal Italian Superfine Arborio
3 cups chicken stock plus reserved mushroom water
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
1/2-cup dry white wine
1 cup fresh kale
1/4-cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
3 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Combine 2 tablespoon oil, rosemary, and garlic in a zip-lock bag.
2. Add chicken and marinate up to 4 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
3. Combine 3 cups boiling water and mushrooms in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes.
4. Strain through a fine meshed sieve over a sauce-pan, reserving liquid.
5. Chop mushroom and set aside.
6. Add chicken broth to mushroom liquid and simmer over medium-heat.
7. Leave simmering until needed.
8. Add reaming oil to a skillet over medium-high heat when sizzling.
9. Add onion, chives and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
10. Add chopped mushrooms and Arborio to skillet; cook 1 minute, stirring to coat.
11. Add wine to skillet and cook 1 minute scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
12. Add simmering hot broth to Arborio 1/2-cup at a time, stirring and allowing rice to absorb broth before adding the next addition of broth.
13. It will take about 30 minutes total, reserving 1/2-cup broth.
14. Stir in kale and cook for 2 minutes,
15. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2-cup reserved broth, butter and cheese.
16. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
17. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
18. Heat a skillet coated with Pam over medium-high heat when sizzling.
19. Add chicken and cook 4 minutes on each side.
20. Place chicken on cutting board and let rest 5 minutes.
21. Cut into thin slices.
22. Spoon 1 cup Arborio in each bowl adding 1/3-cup sliced chicken.
23. Top with fresh cilantro.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!