Friday, January 16, 2015
RAINBOW QUINOA WITH CRIMINI MUSHROOMS ENJOY DAN:
RAINBOW QUINOA WITH CRIMINI MUSHROOMS by CHEF DAN:
3-1/4-cup chicken broth
1 cup rainbow quinoa
1-1/2- tablespoons olive oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into bit-size pieces
1 roasted jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
1/2-red bell pepper
6 crimini mushrooms, quartered
1 carrot, diced
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
3 scallions, bias-sliced 1/2-inch lengths
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, grated
1-1/2-teaspoon curry powder
1/2-teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon cornstarch
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Blacken jalapeno over open flame and then place in paper bag.
2. When cool remove blackened skin.
3. Rinse quinoa under cold water until water runs clear.
4. Place quinoa and 2 cups broth in a sauce-pan.
5. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
6. Cover and cook until liquid is absorbed and germ has spiraled out, about 20 minutes.
7. Heat 1 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium-heat when sizzling.
8. Stir in chicken, seasoned with salt and pepper, cook until no longer pink and juice run clear, remove and set aside.
9. Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium-heat when sizzling.
10. Stir in jalapeno pepper and carrot and sauté, for 2 minutes.
11. Mix in the bell pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, scallions, ginger, and 1/4-cup broth.
12. Continue to cook and stir until tender about 5 minutes.
13. In a bowl, blend remaining 1 cup broth with curry powder, coriander, and cornstarch.
14. Pour over vegetables; return chicken to skillet.
15. Continue cook for 2-minutes until chicken is coated and the broth mixture begins to thicken.
16. Serve over quinoa.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!