Sunday, January 18, 2015
VIETNAMESE FRESH SPRING ROLLS ENJOY DAN:
VIETNAMESE FRESH SPRING ROLLS by CHEF DAN:
2 ounces dried rice vermicelli noodles
4 rice wrappers (8.5-inch diameter)
8 shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cut in half
1 cup chopped cabbage mixture
1 cup carrots, matchsticks
3 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
2 teaspoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1/2-teaspoon garlic chili sauce
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 teaspoons dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
1. In sauce-pan cook vermicelli in lightly salted boiling water for 3 minutes.
2. Rinse under cold water, drain well.
3. Using a kitchen shears, snip the noodles into small pieces, set aside.
4. In a sauce-pan cook the shrimp in salted water 1-2 minutes, drain.
5. Fill a bowl with hot warm water.
6. Dip one wrapper into the water for 1 second to soften.
7. Lay wrapper flat in a row across the center.
8. Place 2 shrimp halves, a handful of vermicelli, cabbage, carrot and mint.
9. Leaving 2-inches uncovered on each side.
10. Fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly fold the wrapper, beginning at the end with the cabbage.
11. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
12. In a bowl, mix together fish sauce, water, lime juice, garlic, sugar and chili sauce.
13. In another bowl, mix the hoisin sauce and peanuts.
14. Serve the rolled spring rolls with the fish sauce and hoisin sauce.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!