Thursday, January 8, 2015
TANYA'S MEXICAN MOLE de PALLO ENJOY DAN:
TANYA’S MEXICAN MOLE SPICE de POLLO by CHEF DAN:
4 tomatillos, husk removed
1/4-cup Mexican mole, mixture to follow
1/4-cup warm water
2 tablespoon peanut butter
1-1/2-cups chicken broth, divided
1/2-teaspoon whole black peppercorn
2 teaspoon olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thick sliced
1. Roast tomatillos over an open flame until blackened on all sides.
2. Place in paper bag to cool, and then remove blackened skin.
3. Mix mole seasoning with 1/4-cup warm water and 1/4-cup broth.
4. Add peanut butter and whip into a fine paste.
5. In a blender, pulse mole paste, crasins, tomatillos and peppercorns until thoroughly blended.
6. In a skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat when sizzling.
7. Add chicken slices and brown on both sides, but not cooked through.
8. Remove from the skillet and cut into bite-size pieces.
9. Add back to the skillet, and add reaming broth.
10. Stir in mole paste, cover and simmer for 12 minutes, stirring now and then.
11. Remove cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until somewhat thickened, stirring occasionally.
12. Serve over rice, quinoa, warm tortillas, cilantro, lime slice or sour cream
Dutch cocoa, sugar, toasted sesame seeds, roasted ancho, pasilla negro and guajillo chiles, cinnamon, garlic, anise, cloves, salt and pepper.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!