Tuesday, August 22, 2017
THAI PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE MY WAY by CHEF DAN:
Males about 3 cups
1-1/2-cups extra crunchy peanut butter
1 (13.5 Oz) can coconut milk
3 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon Panang curry paste
1 tablespoon honey
1 2-inch fresh ginger, grated
3 garlic cloves, minced
3/4-cup warm water
1. In a blender, blend peanut butter, and next 8 ingredients.
2. Pour in warm water while you are blending.
ENJOY DAN: EAT WELL TO LIVE LONGER!!
Monday, August 21, 2017
SHRIMP FRIED CAULIFLOWER RICE by CHEF DAN:
1/2-head cauliflower, shredded into very small pieces, to resemble rice (about 4 cups)
1/2-onion, chopped small
4 garlic cloves
1 thumb-size fresh ginger
4 scallions, bias sliced into 1/2-inch lengths
2 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 egg well beaten
1 cup peas
1 bell pepper, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
2 cups coarsely chopped Napa cabbage
2 carrots, shredded
2-teaspoons red pepper flakes
1/2-pound cooked shrimp, cut into pieces
1-1/2-tablespoon grape seed oil
1. Cut the onion into 1/2-inch pieces, peel the garlic, slice the ginger.
2. Whisk together soy sauce, and sesame oil.
3. Add the peas, and next 4 ingredients.
4. Add cut shrimp to a bowl; set aside
5. In heat 1 tablespoon grape seed oil over high heat and when sizzling.
6. Add the garlic cloves and ginger, sauté for 1 minute, then remove (this is called “seasoning the oil”)
7. Add chopped onion and Saute for 4 minutes.
8. Add onion, and cauliflower; sauté for about 3 minutes remove to a plate.
9. Add 1/2-tablespoon oil over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
10. Add peas and next ingredients 4 ingredients; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
11. Push vegetables to the side and add the egg and cook until it resembles a scrambled egg.
12. Put cauliflower, onions back into the wok and heat for 1 minute.
13. Add shrimp and 3/4-of the scallions and stir-fry 2 minutes.
14. Add soy mixture; stir-fry until all ingredients are well coated, and warmed through about 1 minutes.
15. Top with remaining scallions.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND STIR-FRY!!
Sunday, August 20, 2017
RAVIOLINI RICOTTA AND SPINACH WITH A BASIL TOMATO SAUCE
by CHEF DAN:
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 28 Oz) can CENTO peeled tomatoes (product of ITALY)
8 ounces Lake Country ASIAGO sharp nutty cheese, grated
3 garlic cloves, smashed
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
1 teaspoons sugar
1/2- tablespoon sea salt
1/4-teaspoon EACH red pepper flakes and ground nutmeg
2 tablespoon fresh basil, torn
1/2-cup cilantro, chopped
1-1/2-cups cooked Raviolini Ricotta and spinach
1. Add raviolini and pinch of salt to rapidly boiling water.
2. Boil for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Drain and set aside.
4. In a skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
5. Add tomatoes, garlic, pepper, sugar, salt red pepper flakes, and nutmeg.
6. Bring sauce to a boil and immediately lower heat to simmer.
7. Simmer for 1/2-hour.
8. Then add the cooked Raviolini, cheese, and cilantro.
9. Toss to coat adding, dribble olive oil over the top.
ENJOY DAN: COOK AND EAT RAVIOLINI RICOTTA!!
SESAME ORANGE GREEN BEANS by CHEF DAN:
1-pound green beans
1 orange, zested and juiced
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon EACH pure maple syrup, turmeric, and garlic powder
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Sprinkle of sesame seeds
1. Zest the orange and squeeze out the juice into a skillet.
2. Gently simmer the orange juice over medium-low heat until it has thickened and reduced a bit, about 5 minutes.
3. Take off the heat and mixing sesame oil and next 5 ingredients:
4. Trim the beans and cut in half.
5. Steam the beans in vegetables steamer for about 6 minutes, or until bright green and tender crisp.
6. Place the beans in a bowl and toss them with the orange sauce.
7. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
ENJOY DAN: HEART AND SOUL IN THE KITCHEN!!
SPICY SWEET POTATO WEDGES MY WAY by CHEF DAN:
3 sweet potatoes, unpeeled
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2-teaspoon sea salt
1/2-teqspoon five spice powder
1/2-teaspoon green chipotle powder
1/2-teaspoon red chili powder
DIRECTIONS; (preheat oven to 400 f)
1. Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1/2-inch wedges.
2. Place in a bowl.
3. Drizzle olive oil over the sweet potatoes.
4. Toss to coat.
5. Add salt and next 4 ingredients:
6. Toss well.
7. Arrange on a prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
8. Bake for 30--20-25 minutes, turning once.
ENJOY DAN: EAT ENJOY LIFE SLOW THE FORK DOWN!!
Saturday, August 19, 2017
OYSTERS POUCHED IN CHAMPAGNE AND CLAM JUICE by CHEF DAN:
2 shallots, sliced
1/2-cup clam juice
3/4-cup coconut milk
20 oysters, shucked (saving lower half)
Seaweed to cover serving plates
1-teaspoon black peppercorns
1/4-cup fresh snipped chives
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 300 F)
1. In a skillet melt butter over high-heat and when sizzling.
2. Add shallots and sauté for 3 minutes or until tender.
3. Add 1/2-cup champagne, clam juice, peppercorns, and chervil: bring to a boil, uncovered for about 15 minutes.
4. Add coconut milk, and cook 10 minutes more.
5. Strain through a fine sieve into another skillet.
6. Meanwhile, heat the shells on rock salt on a baking sheet in the oven.
7. Remove and palace on seaweed covered plates.
8. Return sauce to heat and simmer for a couple of minutes.
9. Add oyster and pouch for 1 minute.
10. Carefully remove from sauce and place on the shell on the plates.
11. Cut remaining butter into 6 cubes and whisk into the sauce.
12. One piece at a time, adding remaining champagne and cook for about 3 minutes.
13. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
14. Transfer to a bowl; add chives and spoon over the oysters.
ENJOY DAN: BE STRONG KEEP FAITH!!
Friday, August 18, 2017
COUSCOUS SALAD WITH BLACK BEANS AND GREEN GODDESS DRESSING
By CHEF DAN:
1/2-cup light mayonnaise
1/2-cup Mexican sour cream
1/3-cup cilantro, chopped
1/3-cup fresh snipped chives
1 tablespoon dried tarragon
2 anchovy fillets, soaked in buttermilk for 20 minutes, and patted dry
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon capers
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup couscous
3 tablespoon olive oil
1/2-onion, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
2 bell peppers, mixed colors, halved lengthwise, cored
1 zucchini, halved lengthwise
1/2-teaspoon EACH ground cumin and paprika
1-(15 Oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1. Combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients in a blender.
2. Puree until smooth, season with salt and pepper.
3. Refrigerate until needed.
1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil and add couscous and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain and place in a salad bowl.
3. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Add all vegetables in a bowl, add remianing olive oi, cumin and paprika.
5. In a steel grill fry pan place, the vegetables on a grill over high heat.
6. Cover and cook 10 minutes, or until nice and tender.
7. Shaking steel pan occasionally, adding more oil as needed.
8. The flames roast’s the vegetables and gives them a nice smoky flavor.
9. Add smoked vegetables to the couscous, along with the black beans.
10. Toss to combine and serve.
ENJOY DAN: FOR THE LOVE OF COOKING!!
Thursday, August 17, 2017
BEET SALAD MY WAY by CHEF DAN:
2 beets with greens
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups arugula
1/4cup red wine vinegar (recipes to follow)
2 shallots, thinly sliced
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 F)
1. Cut the beet greens, leaving 1/2-inch of stem on each.
Scrub beets, toss them with olive oil.
2. Spread them on prepared baking sheet.
3. Roast until very tender, about 1 hour.
4. Let cool, then rub off the skin under cold running water.
5. Slice the stems into 1/8-inch pieces.
6. Cut the beets into 1/2-inch chunks and place in a salad bowl, with stem pieces.
7. Add the arugula, shallots, and red wine recipe with enough vinaigrette to lightly coat.
8. Divide the salad among six plates, crumble some the goat cheese over each salad, and serve.
VINAIGRETTE: (MAKES 1 CUP)
1/4-cup red wine vinegar
1- tablespoon water
1 tablespoon grainy mustard
1/3-cup olive oil
1/2-teaspoon cumin powder
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a Mason jar add all ingredients and shake the living delights out it.
2. Can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 month.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND EAT BEETS!!
BAKED CHICKEN WITH PEACHES by CHEF DAN:
1 pound skinless, boneless, chicken tenders
1/2-cup brown sugar
2 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
1/8-teaspoon EACH ground ginger, ground allspice, and turmeric
1 teaspoon lemon juice
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 F)
1. Lightly spray a baking dish with Pam.
2. Place chicken tender in baking dish, sprinkle with 1/2-brown sugar.
3. Place sliced peaches over the chicken.
4. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2-cup brown sugar and spices.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, basting with juices, until chicken is cooked through.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND EAT PEACHES!!
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
PEACH AND TOMATO SALAD WITH BLUE BERRIES by CHEF DAN:
3 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
1 garlic clove, smashed
1 tablespoon honey
1/2-teaspoon EACH sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper
8 multi colored cherry tomatoes
2 peaches, firm ripe
1/4-cup thinly sliced ASIAGO (sharp nutty) cheese
1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/2-cup fresh basil
1. Combine dressing ingredients in a Mason jar, shake well.
2. Set aside.
3. Slice cherry tomatoes, in half.
4. Slice peaches unto 1/2- moon wedges
5. Cup unpeeled cucumber in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, slice thinly.
6. Cut onion in half and slice thinly.
7. Add tomatoes, peaches, cucumber, onion, and blue barriers to salad bowl.
8. Drizzle with dressing.
9. Add Asiago cheese, slivered almonds, and basil.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND EAT FRUIT!!
Thursday, August 10, 2017
ZUCCHINI NOODLES WITH GARLIC SHRIMP by CHEF DAN:
4 zucchini, washed
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon EACH paprika, and turmeric
1-teaspoons red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
1/2-cup Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
1. Rinse, devein and remove tail from the shrimp; add to a bowl.
2. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, and 2 minced garlic cloves.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Toss with olive oil and garlic; set aside.
5. Using a spiral slicer, cut the zucchini into noodles.
6. Place them in a colander over a bowl in the sink.
7. Sprinkle the zucchini with salt and toss to combine.
8. Let sit for 15 minutes, while the salt extracts the moisture.
9. Combine the 2 cloves of garlic and next 4 ingredients and shrimp in a bowl, and mix well.
10. Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium-high heat when sizzling.
11. Add the shrimp and cook until opaque about 2 minutes.
12. Rinse the zucchini under running water to remove the salt and dry on paper towels.
13. Add zucchini noodles and parsley to the shrimp, toss to coat.
14. Top with Parmesan cheese.
ENJOY DAN: BUON-APPETITE!!