Saturday, January 24, 2015
MOROCCAN TURKEY MEATBALLS IN CROCK-POT FOR GIBERSON’S SUPER BOWL
By CHEF DAN:
Makes 32 meatballs
1 (14 Oz) can diced tomatoes
1/2-cup chicken broth
1/2-cup chopped apricots
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoon butter
4 garlic cloves, smashed
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 pounds ground turkey
2 tablespoon almond milk
1/4-teaspoon cayenne pepper
Garnish with 6 scallions, bias cut sliced into 1/2-inch lengths
1. Combine the tomatoes, chicken broth, apricots, onion, and butter in the bottom of a crock-pot.
2. Add 2 garlic cloves, cumin, fennel seeds, 2 teaspoons paprika, 2 teaspoon parsley 2 teaspoon brown sugar and lemon juice.
3. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
4. Combine the turkey, Panko, almond milk, remaining garlic, remaining parsley, and remaining brown sugar in a bowl.
5. Add cayenne, and season with salt and pepper.
6. Dampen your hands and form the mixture into about 32 balls 1-1/2-inch.
7. Place the meatballs in a single layer in the crock-pot.
8. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
9. Garnish with scallions.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!