Friday, January 30, 2015
CROCK POT CHEESE FONDUE ENJOY DAN:
CROCK POT CHEESE FONDUE by CHEF DAN:
2 garlic cloves cut in half
3 cups Pinot Grigio wine
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
3 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons cherry brandy
A splash of freshly ground nutmeg
A splash of freshly ground black pepper
A splash of Smoked paprika
1 loaf crusty bread, cut into 1-inch pieces
1. Rub garlic halves over the sides and bottom of a skillet.
2. Heat wine until just beginning to bubble.
3. Add lemon juice.
4. Combine cheeses and flour and gradually stir into the wine mixture.
5. Keep stirring, until cheese is melted and blended well.
6. Spray crock-pot with pam.
7. Pour cheese mixture into the prepared crock-pot.
8. Add brandy and stir well.
9. Sprinkle with nutmeg, pepper and paprika.
10. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
11. Turn to low and cook for 1-3 hours.
12. Keep on low while serving.
13. Serve with fondue forks and crusty bread.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!