Sunday, January 25, 2015
TURKISH MUHAMMARA RED PEPPER DIP ENJOY DAN:
TURKISH MUHAMMARA RED PEPPER DIP by CHEF DAN:
2 red roasted bell peppers
2 Gaelic cloves, smashed
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon Sambal Oelek, or to desired heat
3/4-cup Panko, toasted
3/4-cup walnuts, ground
3 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon yogurt
2 teaspoon cumin seeds, roasted and coarsely ground
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
Turkish flat bread
1. Roast peppers over an open flame or on a BBQ until blackened.
2. Place in a paper bag for 20 minutes.
3. Remove and peel off blackened skin, do not rinse under water.
4. In a food processor mash pepper and set aside.
5. Add to food processor garlic, onion, Sambal Oelek, Panko and walnuts.
6. Pulse 2-3 time.
7. Add lemon juice and honey, yogurt, cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
8. While pulsing add olive oil until smooth.
9. Stir in mash red pepper.
10. Serve on Turkish flat bread, pide, naan, or plain crackers
12. ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!