Saturday, January 24, 2015
MOROCCAN HARIRA BEAN SOUP FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN ENJOY DAN:
MOROCCAN HARIRA BEAN SOUP FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN by CHEF DAN:
20 cups vegetarian stock
3 cups dry lentils
2 tablespoon oil vie oil
3 onions, chopped
3 cinnamon sticks
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, grated
1 tablespoon EACH ground tarmac, ground cumin, smoked paprika, and grand black pepper
3 915 Oz) cans garbanzo beans, drained
3 (15 Oz) cans kidney beans, rinse and drained
1 (50 Oz) can diced tomatoes
3 cups orzo
3 bunches of cilantro
1/4-cup lemon juice
1. Stir vegetarian stock and lentils together in a stock-pot; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer while preparing onions.
3. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-heat when sizzling.
4. Add the onions, cinnamon stick, ginger, turmeric, cumin, paprika and black pepper.
5. Sauté for 5 minutes, and add to stock.
6. Pour garbanzo, beans, kidney beans, diced tomatoes and orzo into the stock.
7. Stir cilantro into the stock; reduce heat to low and simmer until lentils are tender, about 1 hour.
8. Drizzle with lemon juice and enjoy.