Tuesday, January 6, 2015
TOMATO BISQUE FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN ENJOY DAN:
TOMATO BISQUE FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN by CHEF DAN:
3 tablespoon olive oil
7 onions, chopped
7 celery stalks, chopped
7 carrots, chopped
12 garlic cloves, smashed
2-cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2-cup tomato paste
15 beef bouillon cubes, dissolved in 22 cups hot water
1 gallon diced tomatoes
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoon EACH ground nutmeg, dried basil, curse salt and black pepper
5 cups heavy cream
1. Melt the butter and oil in skillet over medium-heat when sizzling.
2. Add onion, celery, carrots and garlic.
3. Sauté for about 7-9 minutes.
4. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
5. Stir in tomato paste, bouillon cubes and water, tomatoes, sugar,
Nutmeg, basil and curse salt and pepper.
6. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. With an immersion blender, puree about half the soup. It will still chunky and thick.
8. Stir in the cream and cook over medium-heat until the soup is hot.
9. Season with salt and pepper.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!