Friday, January 16, 2015
ROASTED GARLIC MUSHROOMS AND POLENTA ENJOY DAN:
ROASTED GARLIC CRIMINI MUSHROOMS AND POLENTA by CHEF DAN:
3 cup crimini mushrooms, sliced
5 cloves garlic, sliced
4 tablespoon butter, melted
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon dried sage
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 cups polenta
2 cups vegetables broth
1 (19 Oz) can Mae Ploy coconut milk
1/4-cup shredded Parmesan cheese and shaved Parmesan cheese for serving
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 400 DEGREES)
1. In a prepared baking sheet add mushrooms and garlic.
2. Toss with melted butter and olive oil.
3. Sprinkle with sage and salt and pepper.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are golden brown.
5. In a stock-pot; bring broth and coconut milk to a gentle boil.
6. Add polenta and whisk continually until smooth, adding more liquid as needed.
7. Stir until you reach a smooth mixture about 3-4 minutes.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
10. Top each bowl with shaved Parmesan cheese.
11. Refrigerate the reaming polenta and the next day.
12. fry the hardened polenta.
13. Add butter and syrup and enjoy.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!