Saturday, April 21, 2018
CROCK POT SHEPHERD PIE by CHEF DAN:
Serves 8 (FOR THE LYON’S ENGAGEMENT PARTY)
3-pound lean ground beef
2-(.87 Oz) package brown gravy mix
1 onion, cubed
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1 (10.5 Oz) can cream of potato soup
1 (16 Oz) bag frozen peas
1-cup carrots, chopped
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon EACH dried thyme and dried oregano
Instant mash potatoes (as per package directions)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2-teaspoon black pepper
1. Mix instant potatoes as per package instruction; set aside.
2. Ground your ground beef with your onion and garlic over medium-heat.
3. Mix together your beef mixture, potato soup and next 6 ingredients.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Spray the crock pot with Pam.
6. Pour your beef mixture into the crock pot.
7. Spoon your mashed potatoes on top and spread evenly.
8. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
ENJOY DAN: ENJOY LIFE EAT BRITISH FOOD!!
Wednesday, April 18, 2018
3 DAY CABBAGE SOUP DIET by CHEF DAN:
6 carrots,6 scallions
1 (16 Oz) can whole crushed tomatoes
1 large cabbage
1 large cabbage
2 (8 Oz) can green beans
2 bell peppers,
1 bunch celery
2 chicken or beef bouillon cubes
Optimal: salt and pepper, parsley, salsa
1. Cut vegetables into small pieces.
2. Place with bouillon cubes in a stock pot filled a 1/4-of the way with water
3. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Reduce and simmer for 30 minutes.
Eat only the soup + any fruit except bananas.
Eat soup + raw vegetables you can stuff down (no peas, beans, or corn)
Be sure to eat some green leafy vegetables.
For a treat, dip vegetables in salsa.
At dinner eat 1 baked potatoes topped with butter.
Eat no fruit today.
Eat all the soup, vegetables, and fruit you want. Eat no potatoes today.
ENJOY DAN: ENJOY LIFE AND DIET!!
ARUGULA SALAD WITH FRIED EGG AND GOAT CHEESE by CHEF DAN:
3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4-teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoon olive oil
1/2-teaspoon EACH sea salt, and paprika
1 (5 Oz) package baby arugula greens
1/3-cup goat cheese
1/4-cuptoasted pumpkin seeds
1. Place vinegar and shallots, in a bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
2. Add mustard and pepper, 2 tablespoon olive oil,1/4-teaspoon salt and paprika.
3. Whisk until well combined.
4. Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium-heat and when sizzling.
5. Add eggs; cook until whites are set, 1-2-minutes turn over.
6. Cook 1 minute for runny yolks, sprinkle with remining salt.
7. Divide baby arugula among 4 plates.
8. Top each with 1 egg, 2 tablespoons strawberries, and 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds.
9. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
ENJOY DAN: COOK WITH SOUL EAT WITH PLEASURE!!
Monday, April 16, 2018
SOUPE A L’AIL FRENCH GARLIC SOUP by CHEF DAN:
4cups chicken broth
8 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons butter
2 eggs, separated
1 bouquet garni (recipe to follow)
Sea salt and pepper to taste
A pinch of cayenne
4 slices stale bread toasted or croutons
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Bring the chicken broth to a boil.
2. Fry the minced garlic in butter and add to the boiling pot.
3. Add the bouquet and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Remove the bouquet garni.
5. Reduce heat to low-simmer.
6. Beat egg withes lightly and to simmering soup.
7. Let egg whites set and remove from heat.
8. Whisk egg yolks and pour a quarter of the soup into the yolks, whisking
9. Pour this into the pan with the rest of the soup.
10 Season with salt and pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste.
11 Place slice of toasted bread in a bowl, pour a serving of soup on top.
12 Add grated cheese
1/4-cup dried parsley
2 tablespoons dried thyme
2 tablespoons dried bay leaf
2 tablespoons dried rosemary
1. Tie all ingredient with string and add to soup.
ENJOY DAN: DON’T FORGET TO SHARE!!
HONEY DIJON GARLIC CHICKEN by CHEF DAN:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons butter
1/2-cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2-teaspoon EACH Herbs de Provence, oregano, and Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
4 scallions, bias-slice into 1/2-inch lengths
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 425 F)
1. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
2. Place baking pan in the preheated oven, to warm up.
3. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-heat and when sizzling.
4. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
5. Add honey and next 5 ingredients, stir to blend for 2 minutes.
6. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper.
7. Remove hot pan from the oven and place the chicken breasts in.
8. Pour the hot glaze evenly over the chicken breasts.
9. Return pan to the oven and bake or 15 minutes.
10 Remove from oven and baste the breasts with glaze in the bottom of the pan.
11 Return to he oven for and additional 15-20 minutes, or until internal temperature is 170 F.
12 Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
13 Top with scallions and sesame seeds.
14 Serve with Jasmine rice.
ENJOY DAN: SONG SONGS AND EAT CHICKEN!!
Sunday, April 15, 2018
NO BAKE KEY LIME PIE MY WAY by CHEF DAN:
1-1/2-cups graham cracker crumbs
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3-cup granulated sugar
3/4-cup heavy cream
1/4-teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (14 Oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (8 Oz) package mascarpone cheese or cream cheese
1/2-cup key lime juice
1. In a bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar.
2. Stir until combined then press lightly into the bottom and up the sides of a pie dish.
3. Chill the crest for 30 minutes or longer.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer fixed with the whisk attachment.
5. Whip up the heavy cream until stiff.
6. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
7. In the same bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
8. Beat mascarpone cheese at low-medium speed until smooth, 1 minute.
9. Add sweetened condensed milk then slowly beat until smooth and well mixed.
10 Add whipped cream, vanilla and mix until combined.
11 Slowly add the key lime juice to the mixture while beating at low-medium speed.
12 The mixture will start to thicken and get creamy.
13 Pour into prepared pie dish and refrigerate for about 4 hours or overnight.
14 Garnish as desired with whipped cream and lime slices.
ENJOY DAN: HALLELUJAH!!
NO BAKE KEY LIME PIE by CHEF DAN:
1 cup walnuts
1 cup almonds
1 cup dates, pitted
1/2-teaspoon sea salt
1 cup coconut cream
1 cup cashews, soaked in water 15 minutes and drained
1teaspoon tapioca flour
1/4-dup pure maple syrup
1/4-cup lime juice
Lime zest and lime slices for garnish
1. Line a baking pan with parchment paper
2. Place almonds and walnuts into a blender and pulse until crumbled.
3. Remove and transfer to a bowl.
4. Place dares and 1/2-teaspon sea salt into the blender and pulse until it clumps up.
5. Remove and transfer to a separate bowl.
6. Add crumbled nuts back into the blender.
7. Break up date mixture using your hands,
8. Then place back into the blender with the nuts.
9. Blend until it becomes a sticky paste.
10 transfer to the prepared baking pan and spread into an even layer.
11 Set in the refrigerator to chill.
12 Add the coconut cream a next 4 ingredients into a clean blender.
13 Pulse until smooth.
14 Pour the mixture over the top of the crust and spread even layer.
15 Sprinkle lime zest over the top and put back into the refrigerator to set.
16 About 10-12 minutes.
17 Remove and slice into bars, and garnish with slices of lime.
ENJOY DAN: DON’T FORET TO SHARE!!