Thursday, July 27, 2017
APPLE CRISP MY WAY by CHEF DAN:
1 apple crest
4 cups apples, peeled, cored, and sliced thin
1/4-cup Mae Ploy coconut milk
2 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon EACH cinnamon, and nutmeg
1/4-cup coconut flour
1/4-cup almond flour
3 tablespoons slivered almonds, chopped
1-tablespoon coconut flakes
3 tablespoons coconut oil
Pinch of salt
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 375 F)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine apples, and remaining ingredients.
2. In another bowl combine all the ingredients for the topping.
3. Mix with your hands until mixture is crumbly,
4. If too dry add more coconut oil.
5. Grease an 8X8 baking dish.
6. Pour apple mixture into the pan.
7. Evenly sprinkle the crumble over the apples.
8. Bake about 20-25 minutes, or until apples are tender.
9. Serves warm.
ENJOY DAN; SING SONGS AND EAT FRUIT:
HAM AND CREAM CHEESE BAGEL FROM WHIDBEY BAGEL FACTORY
By CHEF DAN:
3/4-cup fully cooked ham
20 pepperoni slices
1/2-cup pizza sauce
1 cup cream cheese
4 Whidbey Island bagels, sliced
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Season with salt and pepper
1. Place bagels on a baking sheet.
2. Spread with pizza sauce.
3. Spread cream cheese evenly on each bagel.
4. Arrange five slices of pepperoni on each, covering bagel hole with one slice.
5. Top each with ham, and cheese.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Add a fried egg for something a little different.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND EAT BAGELS!!
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
DOLE WHIP MY WAY by CHEF DAN:
4 cups frozen pineapple chunks
1 cup Mae Ploy coconut milk
1 frozen banana
Juice of one lime
Juice of one lemon
Pinch of salt
4 fresh pineapple wedges
1. Process frozen pineapple and remaining ingredients in aa blender.
2. Blend until very smooth.
3. Divide among glasses.
4. Garnish with pineapple wedges.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND EAT FRUIT!!
PORK RIB WITH CILANTRO PEANUT PESTO by CHEF DAN:
1 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves and tender stems
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 3-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
2 teaspoon EACH soy sauce and fish sauce
1-1/2-teaspoon brown sugar
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1/4-teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 pork ribs about 1/2-inch thick
1-tablespoon sesame oil, divided
1/4-teaspoon EACH salt and pepper
2 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
Cilantro leaves for garnish
1. Combine cilantro and next 10 ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Brush both sides of meat with oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. In a skillet over medium-high with remining oil and when sizzling.
5. Add chops and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until internal temperature is 145 F.
6. Serve pork with about 1-1/2-tablespoons pesto drizzled over each chop
7. Garnish with peanuts and cilantro leaves.
ENJOY DAN: SLOW THE FORK DOWN AND EAT MEAT!!
Tuesday, July 25, 2017
CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS STIR FRY by CHEF DAN:
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1-pound chicken tenders
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1-2-inch fresh ginger cut into matchsticks
3 scallions, bias- sliced into 1/2-inch sliced
1-pound asparagus, stems trimmed, sliced into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1. In a glass dish, whisk together soy sauce and remaining ingredients.
2. Add chicken and coat well with marinate.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. In a skillet add oil over medium-high heat, and when sizzling.
5. Add garlic, ginger, and sauté for 1 minute.
6. Reserving the marinate, add chicken, followed by scallions, and asparagus.
7. Stir fry for about 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
8. Add marinate, and sherry and cook until slightly thickened.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND PLANT VEGETABLES!!
Sunday, July 23, 2017
ASIAN ASPARAGUS MY WAY by CHEF DAN:
1-pound asparagus, washed and stemmed napped off
2 teaspoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
Pinch of sugar
1 teaspoon EACH sesame oil, soy sauce, hoisin, sauce, oyster sauce dry sherry and mirin
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1/4-teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 scallions, cut on the bias into 1/2-inch lengths
1. Cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
2. Heat oil in a wok over high-heat.
3. Add asparagus and cook 1 minute.
4. Add water and sugar to the asparagus.
5. Cover and steam for 2 minutes,
6. Stirring to combine all ingredient.
7. Uncover wok and add remaining ingredients and cook 1 minute, stirring to coat the asparagus with spice mixture.
ASIAN ASPARAGUS OR GREEN BEANS by CHEF DAN:
1-pound asparagus or green beans, trimmed
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/3-cup hoisin sauce
4 tablespoons soy sauce
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, grated
3 tablespoon honey
1-1/2-tablespoon dry sherry
1-2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1. Steam asparagus or green beans until crisp tender; set aside.
2. In a bowl whisk together cornstarch, 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, and 1 tablespoon sauce.
3. Set aside.
4. In a skillet add oil over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
5. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute.
6. Add remaining hoisin, soy sauce, honey, sherry, garlic chili sauce and sesame oil.
7. Simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Whisk in cornstarch, and hoisin mixture; stir and heat until thickened.
9. Add asparagus/green beans to the skillet and toss until evenly coated with sauce.
10. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
11. Transfer to a platter and drizzle with any remaining sauce in the skillet.
12. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
ENJOY DAN: SINGSONGS AND PLANT SEEDS!!