Tuesday, August 22, 2017
THAI PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE MY WAY by CHEF DAN:
Males about 3 cups
1-1/2-cups extra crunchy peanut butter
1 (13.5 Oz) can coconut milk
3 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon Panang curry paste
1 tablespoon honey
1 2-inch fresh ginger, grated
3 garlic cloves, minced
3/4-cup warm water
1. In a blender, blend peanut butter, and next 8 ingredients.
2. Pour in warm water while you are blending.
ENJOY DAN: EAT WELL TO LIVE LONGER!!
Monday, August 21, 2017
SHRIMP FRIED CAULIFLOWER RICE by CHEF DAN:
1/2-head cauliflower, shredded into very small pieces, to resemble rice (about 4 cups)
1/2-onion, chopped small
4 garlic cloves
1 thumb-size fresh ginger
4 scallions, bias sliced into 1/2-inch lengths
2 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 egg well beaten
1 cup peas
1 bell pepper, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
2 cups coarsely chopped Napa cabbage
2 carrots, shredded
2-teaspoons red pepper flakes
1/2-pound cooked shrimp, cut into pieces
1-1/2-tablespoon grape seed oil
1. Cut the onion into 1/2-inch pieces, peel the garlic, slice the ginger.
2. Whisk together soy sauce, and sesame oil.
3. Add the peas, and next 4 ingredients.
4. Add cut shrimp to a bowl; set aside
5. In heat 1 tablespoon grape seed oil over high heat and when sizzling.
6. Add the garlic cloves and ginger, sauté for 1 minute, then remove (this is called “seasoning the oil”)
7. Add chopped onion and Saute for 4 minutes.
8. Add onion, and cauliflower; sauté for about 3 minutes remove to a plate.
9. Add 1/2-tablespoon oil over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
10. Add peas and next ingredients 4 ingredients; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
11. Push vegetables to the side and add the egg and cook until it resembles a scrambled egg.
12. Put cauliflower, onions back into the wok and heat for 1 minute.
13. Add shrimp and 3/4-of the scallions and stir-fry 2 minutes.
14. Add soy mixture; stir-fry until all ingredients are well coated, and warmed through about 1 minutes.
15. Top with remaining scallions.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND STIR-FRY!!
Sunday, August 20, 2017
RAVIOLINI RICOTTA AND SPINACH WITH A BASIL TOMATO SAUCE
by CHEF DAN:
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 28 Oz) can CENTO peeled tomatoes (product of ITALY)
8 ounces Lake Country ASIAGO sharp nutty cheese, grated
3 garlic cloves, smashed
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
1 teaspoons sugar
1/2- tablespoon sea salt
1/4-teaspoon EACH red pepper flakes and ground nutmeg
2 tablespoon fresh basil, torn
1/2-cup cilantro, chopped
1-1/2-cups cooked Raviolini Ricotta and spinach
1. Add raviolini and pinch of salt to rapidly boiling water.
2. Boil for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Drain and set aside.
4. In a skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
5. Add tomatoes, garlic, pepper, sugar, salt red pepper flakes, and nutmeg.
6. Bring sauce to a boil and immediately lower heat to simmer.
7. Simmer for 1/2-hour.
8. Then add the cooked Raviolini, cheese, and cilantro.
9. Toss to coat adding, dribble olive oil over the top.
ENJOY DAN: COOK AND EAT RAVIOLINI RICOTTA!!
SESAME ORANGE GREEN BEANS by CHEF DAN:
1-pound green beans
1 orange, zested and juiced
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon EACH pure maple syrup, turmeric, and garlic powder
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Sprinkle of sesame seeds
1. Zest the orange and squeeze out the juice into a skillet.
2. Gently simmer the orange juice over medium-low heat until it has thickened and reduced a bit, about 5 minutes.
3. Take off the heat and mixing sesame oil and next 5 ingredients:
4. Trim the beans and cut in half.
5. Steam the beans in vegetables steamer for about 6 minutes, or until bright green and tender crisp.
6. Place the beans in a bowl and toss them with the orange sauce.
7. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
ENJOY DAN: HEART AND SOUL IN THE KITCHEN!!
SPICY SWEET POTATO WEDGES MY WAY by CHEF DAN:
3 sweet potatoes, unpeeled
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2-teaspoon sea salt
1/2-teqspoon five spice powder
1/2-teaspoon green chipotle powder
1/2-teaspoon red chili powder
DIRECTIONS; (preheat oven to 400 f)
1. Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1/2-inch wedges.
2. Place in a bowl.
3. Drizzle olive oil over the sweet potatoes.
4. Toss to coat.
5. Add salt and next 4 ingredients:
6. Toss well.
7. Arrange on a prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
8. Bake for 30--20-25 minutes, turning once.
ENJOY DAN: EAT ENJOY LIFE SLOW THE FORK DOWN!!
Saturday, August 19, 2017
OYSTERS POUCHED IN CHAMPAGNE AND CLAM JUICE by CHEF DAN:
2 shallots, sliced
1/2-cup clam juice
3/4-cup coconut milk
20 oysters, shucked (saving lower half)
Seaweed to cover serving plates
1-teaspoon black peppercorns
1/4-cup fresh snipped chives
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 300 F)
1. In a skillet melt butter over high-heat and when sizzling.
2. Add shallots and sauté for 3 minutes or until tender.
3. Add 1/2-cup champagne, clam juice, peppercorns, and chervil: bring to a boil, uncovered for about 15 minutes.
4. Add coconut milk, and cook 10 minutes more.
5. Strain through a fine sieve into another skillet.
6. Meanwhile, heat the shells on rock salt on a baking sheet in the oven.
7. Remove and palace on seaweed covered plates.
8. Return sauce to heat and simmer for a couple of minutes.
9. Add oyster and pouch for 1 minute.
10. Carefully remove from sauce and place on the shell on the plates.
11. Cut remaining butter into 6 cubes and whisk into the sauce.
12. One piece at a time, adding remaining champagne and cook for about 3 minutes.
13. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
14. Transfer to a bowl; add chives and spoon over the oysters.
ENJOY DAN: BE STRONG KEEP FAITH!!
Friday, August 18, 2017
COUSCOUS SALAD WITH BLACK BEANS AND GREEN GODDESS DRESSING
By CHEF DAN:
1/2-cup light mayonnaise
1/2-cup Mexican sour cream
1/3-cup cilantro, chopped
1/3-cup fresh snipped chives
1 tablespoon dried tarragon
2 anchovy fillets, soaked in buttermilk for 20 minutes, and patted dry
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon capers
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup couscous
3 tablespoon olive oil
1/2-onion, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
2 bell peppers, mixed colors, halved lengthwise, cored
1 zucchini, halved lengthwise
1/2-teaspoon EACH ground cumin and paprika
1-(15 Oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1. Combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients in a blender.
2. Puree until smooth, season with salt and pepper.
3. Refrigerate until needed.
1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil and add couscous and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain and place in a salad bowl.
3. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Add all vegetables in a bowl, add remianing olive oi, cumin and paprika.
5. In a steel grill fry pan place, the vegetables on a grill over high heat.
6. Cover and cook 10 minutes, or until nice and tender.
7. Shaking steel pan occasionally, adding more oil as needed.
8. The flames roast’s the vegetables and gives them a nice smoky flavor.
9. Add smoked vegetables to the couscous, along with the black beans.
10. Toss to combine and serve.
ENJOY DAN: FOR THE LOVE OF COOKING!!