Saturday, February 24, 2018
TEQUILA BAKED CHICKEN by CHEF DAN:
3 skinless boneless chicken breasts
3/4-cup shredded cheese
1/4-teaspoon EACH garlic powder and chili powder
1 tablespoon lime juice
Zest of one lime.
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 425 F)
1. Put the chicken breasts on a prepared baking dish.
2. Add tequila.
3. Drizzle the lime juice over the chicken and add half of the zest of the lime.
4. Sprinkle half the garlic and chili powder over the chicken.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the frig for 30 minutes.
6. Remover from refrigerator.
7. Turn the chicken over, and sprinkle the remaining garlic, chili powder, lime juice, and lime zest
8. Cover and refrigerate for another 30 minutes.
9. Remove plastic wrap and bake chicken for 25 minutes.
10 Transfer chicken to a roasting rack and bake for 10 more minutes.
ENJOY DAN: EAT CHICEKEN AND DRINK TEQUILA!!
YUMA STRAWBERRY MARGARITA by CHEF DAN:
1/4-ounce triple sec
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/2-cup frozen limeade
1 quarter lime
1. Fill the blender with ice and blend the ice is crushed.
2. Pour in alcohol and then the limeade and strawberries.
3. Blend until smooth.
4. Serve with lime wedges and salted glasses.
ENJOY DAN: BON-TEQUILA!!
Friday, February 23, 2018
ROASTED POBLANO PEPEPR SOUP by CHEF DAN:
1 tablespoon olive
4 poblano peppers
2 cups chicken broth
1 onion, diced
1-teaspoon EACH cumin, and jalapeño powder
1/2-teaspoon kosher salt
1-1/2-cups shredded white cheddar cheese
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1. Over a gas burner blacken the poblano peppers until all black.
2. Remove and place in paper bag until cool.
3. Once cool remove blackened skin, remove stems and seeds.
4. Combine poblano peppers, broth, cumin, jalapeno powder and salt.
5. Place in a blender and blend until smooth.
6. In a skillet add oil over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
7. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes, add garlic and sauté 1 minutes.
8. Add blended poblano mixture to the onions.
9. Toss shredded cheese with cornstarch.
10 Over medium-heat stir cheese into the pureed soup until melted.
11 Heat until cheese is completely melted, and soup thickens slightly.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!
BUTTERNUT SQUASH GNOCCHI by CHEF DAN:
1 butternut squash (2-1/2- to 3 pounds)
8 cremini mushrooms, halved
1 cup frozen pearl onions
2 tablespoons olive oil
1-taeaspoon kosher salt
1/2-tespoons black pepper
Pinch red pepper flakes
1 (16 Oz) package potato gnocchi
2 tablespoons Irish butter, softened
1/2-cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shredded, divided
Fresh basil, torn
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 450 F)
1. Peel butternut squash and cut into cubes.
2. In a prepared baking sheet add squash cubes, onion, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
3. Stir mixture until coat, place in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare gnocchi according to package directions.
5. Drain reserving 1 cup cooking water.
6. Remove vegetable mixture from the oven,
7. Stir in gnocchi and softened butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
8. Gradually add up to 1 cup cooking water, 1/4-cup at a time, stirring until a thick sauce begins to form.
9. Stir in 1/4-cup cheese.
10. Divide the vegetables and dumpling mixture evenly among 4 bowls.
11. Garnish with basil.
ENJOY DAN: VEGETABLES AND GNOCCHI WOW!!
SPAGHETTI CARBONARA MY WAY by CHEF DAN:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1-pound bacon, small dice
1 garlic clove, smashed
3 eggs, at room temperature
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Lots of black pepper
2 tablespoon salt
1. Over high-heat, bring 1 gallon of water to a boil.
2. Add salt and spaghetti and cook according to package directions.
3. In a skillet add olive oil over medium-heat and when sizzling.
4. Add bacon and garlic clove, cook until bacon is crisp, 8 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and keep fat hot.
6. In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, cheese, and black pepper.
7. Whisk with great enthusiasm until egg mixture is well incorporated.
8. Drain the pasta and add to the egg mixture.
9. Add bacon, garlic and bacon hot bacon fat.
10 Stir until egg are cooked and pasta is well-coated and creamy.
ENJOY DAN: EAT CARBS AND ENJOY DAN:
Thursday, February 22, 2018
BEETS GREENS AND GOAT CHEESE by CHEF DAN:
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cur into bite size pieces
Handful salad greens
1/4-crumbled goat cheese
2 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh basil
2 tablespoon honey
1/4-teaspoon kosher salt
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. In a dry skillet over low heat toast pumpkin seeds until they start to pop.
2. Remove and let cool.
3. Peel the rough skin off the beets with vegetables peeler.
4. Using a spiralizer, make ribbons of beets.
Fill a saucepan two thirds full of water and 2 teaspoons salt.
5. Over high heat, bring to a boil, add beet ribbons, and cook 2-3 minutes.
6. Chill in ice bath.
7. Drain and dry ribbons with a paper towel.
8. Place In a salad bowl, add avocado, greens, and goat cheese.
9. Pour vinaigrette over the top and toss to combine.
10 To with toasted pumpkin seeds.
1. Whisk all ingredients together in a mason jar and shake the devil out of it.
ENJOY DAN: BE HEALTHY EAT YOUR BEETS!!!
Wednesday, February 21, 2018
CAULIFLOWER WITH MUSHROOMS AND CHEESE SAUCE by CHEF DAN:
1 heat cauliflower
2 tablespoon Kerrygold butter
1 cup grated Kerrygold white cheddar cheese
1 (4 Oz) can Festival mushrooms, drained
1. Clean cauliflower, leaving on some of the green to make it look pretty.
2. Steam in shallow amount of water.
Makes 2 cups:
1. In saucepan add butter over low heat and when sizzling.
2. Add cheese, and remaining ingredients.
3. Saute for 1 minutes or until all ingredients are incorporated and cheesy.
ENJOY DAN: EAT BUTER AND CHEESE FROM IRELAND!!