Wednesday, January 14, 2015
POLENTA WITH ROASTED CRIMINI MUSHROOMS ENJOY DAN:
POLENTA WITH ROASTED CRIMINI MUSHROOMS by CHEF DAN:
ROASTED CRIMINI MUSHROOMS:
12 crimini mushrooms, stems removed and halved
1 tablespoon olive oil
1-tablespoon balsamic vinegar
4 cloves garlic, minced
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 teaspoons black truffle oil
1/4-cup cilantro, chopped
2 cups coconut milk
1/2-teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons butter
1/2-cup Parmesan cheese
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 400 DEGREES)
1. In a bowl place mushrooms, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
2. Add in garlic and toss.
3. On a prepared baking sheet spread mushroom mixture evenly.
4. Roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring once.
5. Remove from oven and stir in truffle oil and cilantro.
6. In a saucepan, combine coconut milk, water, and salt over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer.
7. When it simmers; slowly pour in the polenta and whisk to combine.
8. Reduce heat; partially cover and whisk vigorously every 5 minutes.
9. Cook until liquid is absorbed and polenta is creamy, about 30 minutes.
10. Remove from heat and stir in butter and Parmesan cheese.
11. Divide the polenta into 4 bowls.
12. Top with roasted mushroom mixture and garnish with cilantro.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!