Saturday, January 24, 2015
MOROCCAN MEATLOAF WITH DIPPING SAUCE ENJOY DAN:
MOROCCAN MEAT LOAF WITH DIPPING SAUCE by CHEF DAN:
1 pound ground lamb
1 pound ground turkey meat
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
3 garlic cloves,
1 teaspoon EACH smoked paprika, ground cumin, curry powder and coriander
1/4-teaspoon EACH cayenne, cinnamon, kosher salt and black pepper
1-1/4-cups of Panko
1/4-fresh chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
1. 1/2-cup chopped tomatoes
2. 2 tablespoons EACH plain yogurt, and lemon juice
3. 1 clove garlic
4. 1/2-teaspoon EACH ground cumin, ground coriander, and ground cinnamon,
5. 1/4-teaspoon cayenne pepper
6. Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 400 DEGREES)
1. Add oil in a skillet over medium-high heat when sizzling.
2. Add onion, carrot, and garlic, sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
4. Place the ground meat in mixing bowl.
5. Add paprika, cumin, curry powder, coriander, cayenne, cinnamon, eggs, Panko, cilantro, yogurt, salt and pepper to taste.
6. Stir the sautéed vegetables to the ground meat.
7. Combine thoroughly and form into an oval loaf.
8. Transfer to prepared 1/2-quart loaf pan and bake 25-30 minutes.
9. While the meatloaf bakes, make the sauce.
10. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
11. Transfer to a serving dish.
12. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and let arrest 5 minutes.
13. Slice and serve with dipping sauce.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!