Monday, January 5, 2015
CUBAN PORK WITH BLACK BEAN AND QUINOA ENJOY DAN:
CUBAN PORK WITH BLACK BEAN AND QUINOA by CHEF DAN:
2-3-pound pork loin
1 cup quinoa cooked according to package directions:
1/4-can orange juice concentrate
4 garlic cloves, smashed
1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
Zest of 1 lime
Juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon EACH dried oregano, smoked paprika, and onion powder
CUBAN BLACK BEANS:
1- (15 Oz) can black beans
2- 1/4-cup balsamic vinegar
3- 1 teaspoon EACH cumin and sea salt
4- 2 bay leaves
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 475 DEGREES THEN 350 DEGREES)
1. Combine all marinade ingredients in a zip-lock bag.
2. Add pork and marinade 4 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Place pork in roasting pan.
4. In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
5. Rub on pork, cover and marinade for 1 hour.
6. Place in preheated oven and roast 20 minutes at 475 degrees.
7. Reduce heat to 350 and roast for 30 minutes or until internal temperature is 145 degrees.
8. Allow to rest for 10 minutes and slice.
9. Combine all black beans ingredients in a pot cover and simmer for about 1 hour
10. Remove bay leaves and serve with quinoa and pork.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!