Saturday, January 31, 2015
ITALIAN STYLE RIB EYE STEAKS ENJOY DAN:
ITALIAN STYLE RUBBED RIB EYE STEAKS by CHEF DAN:
2-1-1/4-pound rib-in rib eye steaks
2 tablespoon grape-seed oil
1/2-cup dry porcini mushrooms, finely ground into a powder in a spice grinder
1-1/2-teaspoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
1-1/2-teaspoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoon red chili flake
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon EACH dry mustard, garlic powder, and onion powder
Sea salt to taste
1. Coat rib eye steaks in 1 tablespoon olive oil and set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix together rub ingredients, and thoroughly rub dry mix onto surface of each oil coasted steak.
3. Place steaks in zip-lock plastic bag, removing as mush air as possible.
4. Place in the refrigerator overnight, but better if left 2 nights turning once a day.
5. Remove steaks from the refrigerator and drain off any accumulated liquid.
6. Pat dry but don’t remove any rub.
7. Season with salt.
8. In a cast-iron skillet, heat the remaining oil until simmering.
9. Add the steaks over moderate heat, turning once, until medium-rare.
10. 5-7 minutes per side.
11. Transfer streaks to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!