Friday, January 23, 2015
CHILI EXTRAORDINARE RECIPE FROM 1908 ENJOY DAN:
CHILI EXTRAORDINARE RECIPE 1908 THE YEAR MY MOM WAS BORN
By CHEF DAN:
3 garlic cloves
3 onion, medium size
3 bell peppers
2 pounds ground beef or sirloin steak, cubed
2 cups tomatoes, stewed
2 cup kidney beans, cooked
3-5 tablespoons chili peppers, ground, hot-spicy
1 cup tomato paste
1 tablespoon sugar
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon cumin, ground
1 teaspoon basil, ground
Pinch of cayenne, salt pepper, and paprika
1. Finely chop garlic cloves, onion, and bell peppers.
2. Simmer all ingredients (except beans) for 1/2-hour on low heat.
3. Add beans; continue cooking till warm enough to serve.
4. Serve over cooked rice with optional raw chopped onions, grated cheese and/or sour cream as toppings.
5. Good served with corn bread.
6. One of dad’s favorite meals-Chili, cornbread and a tall, tall glass of sweetened iced tea.
From John Sullivan Ingram and Vaudrel Elizabeth (Tipton) Ingram in 1908 near Gerty OK.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!