Tuesday, January 6, 2015
CAULIFLOW IN A CURRY CREAM SAUCE ENJOY DAN:
CAULIFLOWER IN A CURRY CREAM SAUCE by CHEF DAN:
1 head cauliflower, rinsed and broken down into florets
2 shallots cut into wedges
4 garlic cloves, smashed
2 tablespoons coconut butter
1 cup onion, chopped
2 teaspoons curry powder
1/2-teaspoon EACH Smokey paprika, and turmeric
Sea salt to taste
1 cup vegetarian stock
1 cup almond milk
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 375 DEGREES)
1. Place cauliflower, shallots, garlic, and coconut oil in a bowl.
2. Toss together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Spread mixture onto a prepared baking sheet and roast for 30-40- minutes.
4. While mixture is roasting in s sauce-pan over medium-heat add butter and when sizzling.
5. Add onions, curry powder, Smokey paprika, turmeric and season with salt.
6. Sauté for 5 minutes; add stock and bring to a simmer.
7. Cook until sock is reduced by half.
8. Add almond milk; cook until sauce is reduced by half.
9. With a slotted spoon remove cauliflower mixture from the baking sheet.
10. Palace in the sauce and warm through.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!