Monday, January 19, 2015
CALAMARI SALAD ENJOY DAN:
CALAMARI SALAD by CHEF DAN:
1/2-bunch fresh scallions, bias-sliced into 1//2-inch lengths
2-tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/4-teaspoon chili powder
1/4-teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4-bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
4 lettuce leaves
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1. Cut the tub wise body of the squid crosswise into 1/4-inch rings.
2. Wash these rings and tentacles and put in pan with 4 tablespoons water.
3. Boil, reduce heat cover ad simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Strain and put into a bowl.
5. Add to squid, scallion, lime juice, red wine vinegar, fish sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, smoked paprika, and cilantro.
6. Toss well and check the seasoning.
7. Just before serving arrange the lettuce leaves on a plate.
8. Add the cucumber, cherry tomatoes and red bell pepper.
9. Put the squid salad on top of the lettuce mixture.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!