Sunday, October 16, 2016
PUMPKIN ALMOND SOUP FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN ENJOY DAN:
PUMPKIN ALMOND MILK SOUP FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN by CHEF DAN:
Serves 30-40 bowls (pumpkins from the GIBERSON FARM)
15 pounds’ fresh pumpkin, cut in halve seeds removed
8 onions, cut into wedges
10 carrots chopped
3 tablespoon vegetable oil
15 cups vegetable broth
1-quart almond milk
2-cup brown sugar
1/4-cup EACH ground ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, & nutmeg
2 tablespoons EACH dried thyme, & dried rosemary
1 cup dried sherry
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEATR OVEN TO 425 F)
1. Place pumpkin halves, onion wedges & carrots on a baking pan.
2. Drizzle with oil and bake for 40-50 minutes.
3. In a stock pot add roasted vegetables & pumpkin.
4. Add broth, and next 9 ingredients.
5. Bring to a boil and then cover reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
6. With immersion blender, blend till almost smooth.
7. Sommer until heated Through.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS & PLANT PUMKIN SEEDS!!