Friday, October 21, 2016
CURRIED SQUASH WITH BLACK BEANS FOR ALEX BIRTHDAY ENJOY DAN:
CURRIED SQUASH WITH BLACK BEANS FOR ALEX BRITHDAY PARTY
by CHEF DAN:
2 acorn squash, sliced and seeds removed
3 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt to taste
1 onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 thumb-size ginger, grated
1 sweet potato,
1 bell pepper, diced
1teaspoon EACH cumin, coriander, tandoori masala, chili flakes, and turmeric
2 teaspoon garam masala
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 (19.5 Oz) can Mae Ploy coconut milk
3 cups vegetable broth
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 (15 Oz) cans black beans
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
DIRECTIONS: (preheat the oven to 375 F)
1. Splash the insides with oil.
2. Turn acorn squash upside down to a prepared baking sheet.
3. Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 1 hour.
4. Remove from the oven and turn onto a plate so the flesh is facing upwards.
5. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat when sizzling.
6. Add onions and sauté for 4 minutes.
7. Reduce heat and add garlic ginger, sweet potatoes, bell pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
8. Turn heat to low, add the add cumin and next 5 ingredients stirring occasionally.
9. Add tomato puree, and next 4 ingredients, simmer for 15 minutes.
10. With an immersion blender blend until smooth.
11. Add the cooked squash flesh and heat through about 10 minutes.
12. Garnish with cilantro and serve with naan bread.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND PLANT SQUASH SEEDS!!