Saturday, October 29, 2016
PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED AVOCADO AND EGG ENJOY DAN:
PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED AVOCADO AND EGG by CHEF DAN:
2 ripe, ready to eat avocados
2 teaspoons vinegar
2 egg slices
2 tablespoons black truffle oil
1/2- teaspoon chili powder
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Tomaso slices for garnish
Fresh parsley for garnish
DIRECTIONS FOR POUCHING EGGS:
1. Fill a skillet with water to the depth of 1/2-inch.
2. Add vinegar and bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer.
3. Break an egg into a cup and slip egg into the simmering water.
4. Repeat with another egg, allowing an equal amount of space in the vinegar water.
5. Sprinkle eggs with chili powder, salt and pepper.
6. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the whites are set and yolks begin to thicken but not hard.
7. Using a slotted spoon to remove the egg: set aside.
8. Prepare the prosciutto slices by flatting them with the back of a knife.
9. Halve the avocado and remove the outer skin.
10. Scoop out the middle of the avocado so it is the same size as the pouched egg.
11. Carefully put the egg inside and enclose with both sides of the avocado.
12. Wrap the sealed avocado tightly om prosciutto slices, 2 strips horizontally and one vertically.
13. Repeat process for the other egg.
14. Fry the prosciutto-wrapped avocado in truffle oil over medium-heat for about 10 minutes.
15. Turn frequently until the prosciutto is crispy all over.
16. Place on paper towel to drain excess oil before serving.
17. Slice the avocado sprinkle with chili powder, salt and pepper to taste.
18. Serve with tomato sliced and chopped parsley.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!