Friday, October 21, 2016
SOUTHERN FRIED AP[P[LES WITH CIDER ENJOY DAN:
SOUTHERN FRIED APPLES WITH CIDER by CHEF DAN:
8 braeburn, honey crisp or granny smith apples
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2-cup Washington Golden Cider
1/4-cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2-teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Peel, core and cut apples into even slices.
2. Melt butter in skillet over medium-heat and when sizzling.
3. Add apples and drizzle them with lemon juice.
4. Let apples simmer until most of butter is absorbed and apples are tender. ingredients.
5. Stir in cider and next 3 ingredients.
6. Lower heat and let apples cook until sugar is completely dissolved and syrupy.
7. Remove from heat and sprinkle with cinnamon.
8. Toss to distribute cinnamon.
9. Plate apples and serve piping hot.
ENJOY DAN: BE STRONG AND KEEP FAITH!!