Sunday, October 16, 2016
STUFFED PATTY PAN SQUASH WITH QUINOA ENJOY DAN:
STUFFED PATTY PAN SQUASH WITH QUINOA by CHEF DAN:
2 patty pan squash
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tomato, diced
2 teaspoons cumin
1/2-teaspoon EACH dried oregano, turmeric, & basil
3 tablespoons EACH dried crasins & sunflower seeds
1-1/2- cups cooked quinoa
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & sliced
Pinch of sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Crumbled feta cheese
Fresh snipped chives for garnish
INSTRUCTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 F)
1. Line a backing sheet with foil
2. Slice off the stem on the patty pan.
3. Take a spoon and scoop out the insides, keeping 1/2-cup of the insides.
4. Discard the seeds and place the patty pan on a baking sheet.
5. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat & when sizzling.
6. Add onion & garlic; sauté for 4 minutes.
7. Stir in cumin and next 5 ingredients and sauté for 1 minute.
8. Add reserved squash insides, tomato and sauté for 2 minutes more.
9. Then stir in water, cooked quinoa, & jalapeno pepper.
10. Continue to cook on medium-high heat until most of the liquid has evaporated.
11. Remove from heat and season with salt & pepper to taste.
12. Put filling inside the squash and top with feta cheese.
13. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until squash is tender.
14. Garnish with fresh snipped chives.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS & PLANT SQUASH SEEDS!!