Friday, October 28, 2016
ROASTED RADISHES AND TURNIPS WITH LORI'S PESTO ENJOY DAN:
ROASTED RADISHES AND TURNIPS WITH LORI PESTO by CHEF DAN:
2 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon vegetable
3 bunches radishes, trimmed
1 pound turnips with greens trimmed off (if large cut into quarters)
3 tablespoon Lori’s pesto
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4-cup white wine
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon syrup
Fresh minced parsley for garnish
1. Combine butter and oil in a skillet over medium-heat, when sizzling.
2. Add the turnips, radishes and cook stirring, until they are coated with butter, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add reaming ingredients, except for the garnish, stirring and cover.
4. Turn the heat to low and cook until the turnips and radishes are barely tender about 5 minutes.
5. Uncover and raise the heat to medium-high.
6. Cook, stirring, until vegetable are glazed and the liquid is syrupy, about 2 more minutes.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley.
1/2-cup pine nuts
4 cups packed fresh basil
8 garlic cloves
2/3-cup olive oil
1/2-cup Parmesan cheese
1. In a blender pulse the first 4 ingredients together.
2. While pulsing add, oil in a slow steady stream.
3. Remove blender and stir in Parmesan cheese.
ENJOY DAN: SONG SONGS AND PLANT TURNIP SEEDS!!