Wednesday, October 26, 2016
BACON BREAKFAST PIE WITH MAPLE SYRUP ENJOY DAN:
BACON BREAKFAST PIE WITH MAPLE SYRUP by CHEF DAN:
10 pieces turkey bacon plus 1/2-cup chopped
2 cups kale
6 cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 bell pepper
3 scallions, bias-sliced into ½-inch lengths
1 spring thyme
1 tablespoon maple syrup
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Coconut oil for greasing the pan.
DIRECTIONS: (preheat oven to 350 f)
1. In a skillet, 1/2-cup bacon, and next 4 ingredients.
2. Saute for about 15 minutes.
3. Beat eggs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spread vegetables mixture in 9-inch pan greased with coconut oil.
5. Then add eggs to fill in the cracks.
6. Form bacon lattice over the top.
7. Lay 4 slices of bacon horizontally,
8. Then weave in the other 6 pieces in an udder-over pattern.
9. Alternating with over or under with each piece.
10. Brush bacon pieces with maple syrup.
11. Place pan on baking sheet to catch any bacon drippings.
12. Bake for 30 -40 minutes, or until eff is solid and bacon crisp.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONG AND PLANT SEEDS!!