Monday, October 31, 2016
IRISH PUB BEEF STEW ENJOY DAN:
IRISH PUB BEEF STEW by CHEF DAN:
3 pounds well marbled chuck beef stew meat
3 t tablespoon olive oil
3 teaspoon sea salt
4 cups beef broth
2 cups water
1 bottle stout Guinness beer
1 cup red wine
2 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon EACH dried thyme, Worcestershire sauce and smoked paprika
2 bay leaves
2 tablespoons butter
3 pound new potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 7 cups)
1 onion, chopped
4 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2-teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1. season meat with salt and pepper.
2. In a stock pot add oil over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
3. Add the meat and cook without stirring, until nicely browned.
4. The use thongs to turn pieces over to brown the other side.
5. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
6. Add broth and next 9 ingredients, stirring to combine
7. Bring mixture to a simmer: cover, and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
8. While the pot of meat and stock is simmering.
9. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
10. Add onions and carrots and sauté for 9 minutes.
11. Set aside.
12. When beef has simmered for 1 hour, add the onion and carrots.
13. Add black pepper and salt.
14. Simmer uncovered until vegetables and beef are very tender, about 40 minutes.
15. Discard bay leaves
16. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!