Saturday, October 22, 2016
THAI PUMPKIN COCONUT SOUP ENJOY DAN:
THAI PUMPKIN COCONUT SOUP by CHEF DAN:
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 stalks of lemongrass, smashed
1 onion, chopped
6 crimini mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon red curry paste
2 tablespoons EACH fish sauce, and lemon juice
1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
1/2-teaspoon EACH turmeric, chili powder and smoked paprika
1/2-can coconut milk
4 cup vegetables broth
1/4-cup dry toasted shredded coconut (garnish)
1 pumpkin, squash, peeled and diced
1. Put lemongrass, fish sauce and spices into a food blender.
2. Blend into a paste.
3. In a soup pot heat oil over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
4. Add curry paste, onion, mushrooms and sauté for 4 minutes.
5. add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
6. Add broth, coconut milk, seasoning paste and pumpkin cubes.
7. Reduce heat cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
8. Add cilantro, syrup, salt and pepper to taste.
9. Simmer for 8 minutes.
10. Serve in bowls with toasted coconut
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND PLANT PUMPKIN SEEDS!!