Friday, October 28, 2016
BISON STEW ENJOY DAN:
BISON STEW by CHEF DAN:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2-pounds bison meat cut into 1-inch cubes
1 onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, minced, ground nutmeg, dried thyme and dried oregano
1/8-teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup hearty red wine
1/2-cup dried cranberries
2 tablespoon orange juice
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro for garnish
1. Lightly sprinkle the bison meat with salt and pepper.
2. In skillet add oil over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
3. Add the meat in batches; brown all slices making sure not to crowd the pan.
4. Set aside:
5. Add the onions and next 7 ingredients, cook stirring for about 5 minutes.
6. Stir in the wine, and orange juice to deglaze the skillet.
7. Return the bison meat to the skillet, bring to boil.
8. Cover reduce heat and simmer until meat is tender about 1 hour.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!