Wednesday, October 26, 2016
CHERRY TOMATOES AND CAULIFLOWER CAKE ENJOY DAN:
CHERRY TOMATOES AND CAULIFLOWER CAKE by CHEF DAN:
1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2-cup all-purpose flour
3/4-teaspoon baking powder and smoked paprika
1/2-teaspoon EACH cumin, tandoori masala
Pinch red pepper flakes
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/3-cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
10 cherry tomatoes, sliced
DIRECTIONS: (preheat the oven to 400 F)
1. Steam the cauliflower for about 10 minutes.
2. Set aside.
3. In a skillet add oil and butter over medium-heat and when sizzling.
4. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minutes, place garlic in a bowl.
5. To the bowl add eggs and basil, whisking well.
6. Add flour and next 8 ingredients, whisking until smooth.
7. Gently stir in the cauliflower and tomatoes.
8. Spray a 9-1/2- spring form pan with Pam.
9. Pour mixture into pan, spreading evenly.
10. Place in the oven on the middle rack and bake 40-45 minutes.
11. Bake until golden brown and set.
12. Place a knife into the cake center and it should come out clean.
13. Remove from oven and let rest 15-20 minutes.
14. Slice into wedges.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND PLANT SEEDS!!