Tuesday, October 18, 2016
BAKED EGGS WITH HAM AND MUSHROOMS ENJOY DAN:
BAKED EGGS WITH HAM AND MUSHROOMS by CHEF DAN:
2 tablespoon butter, melted
8 crimini mushrooms, sliced and sautéed
2 slices thick-cut ham chopped
2 tablespoons salsa
2 tablespoons sharp cheese, shredded
1-teaspoon EACH smoked paprika, and turmeric
DIRECTIONS: (preheat oven to 350 F)
1. Lightly butter 4 ramekins
2. divide mushrooms and ham between the 4 ramekins, reserving some mushrooms for garnish.
3. Pour a little salsa into each one.
4. Carefully break an egg into each dish, sprinkling with cheese and seasoning.
5. Place the dishes on a shallow roasting dish, pour boiling water around them to half way up the ramekins.
6. Place ramekins in the oven.
7. Check the baked eggs after 10 minutes.
8. ‘the egg whites should be just set with the yolk still runny.
9. Garnish with mushrooms and serve with finger of hot toast for dipping into the yolks.
ENJOY DAN: BE STRONG KEEP FAITH!!