Sunday, October 16, 2016
ZUPPA TOSCANA IN THE CROCK POT FOR THE SLOW FOOD POTLUCK ENJOY DAN:
ZUPPA TOSCANA IN THE CROCK-POT FOR SLOW FOOD POTLUCK
BY CHEF DAN:
2 pounds’ Italian sausage (spicy)
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
6 russet potatoes, cut into bite-size cubes
2 onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
5 cups chicken bouillon
1 tablespoon turmeric
1-bunch kale (or Swiss chard) destemmed and torn into bit-size pieces
2 cups coconut milk
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Kosher salt to taste
1/2-cup real bacon bits (optional)
1. Brown sausage in a sauté pan with cayenne pepper.
2. Place sausage, mixture and next 5 ingredients in a crock-pot.
3. Add just enough broth to cover the vegetables & meat.
4. Cook on high for 3-4 hours (low for 5-6 hours) or until potatoes are soft.
3O MINUTES BEFORE SERVING:
1. Mix flour into coconut milk removing lumps.
2. Add milk mixture and Swiss chard to the crock-pot and stir.
3. Cook om high for 30 minutes or until broth slightly thickens.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Top with bacon bits if desired.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS & PLANT SEEDS!!