Monday, October 31, 2016
ITALIAN CHICKEN CACCIATORE SICILIAN STYLE ENJOY DAN:
ITALIAN CHICKEN CACCIATORE SICILIAN STYLE FOR THE TREE FARM
By CHEF DAN:
3 tablespoons olive oil
8 pounds’ chicken drumsticks and chicken thighs
2 onions, chopped
6 garlic cloves
12 cremini mushrooms, sliced
2 bell peppers, diced
2 tablespoons EACH dried basil, and dried oregano
2 (28Oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 (6 Oz) can tomato paste
3/4-cup red wine
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2-teaspoon black pepper
1/3cup green olives
1/4-cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
2 bay leaves
10 cups hot cooked macaroni or any pasta to your licking
1. In stock pot heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat when sizzling.
2. Add chicken thighs and drumsticks and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned.
3. Set aside.
4. Add remaining oil, and add onions and next 3 ingredients; sauté for 5 minutes.
5. Add basil a d next 12 ingredients.
6. Return chicken to the stock pot and bring to a boil.
7. Cover reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
8. Uncover and simmer doe 30 minutes more or until chicken is tender.
9. Remove bay leaves.
10. Serve with pasta.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND PLANT SEEDS!!