Wednesday, October 26, 2016
LAMB SHANKS IN THE CROCK POT ENJOY DAN:
LAMB SHANKS IN THE CROCK POT by CHEF DAN:
2 lamb shanks sea salt and fresh ground black pepper taste
1 onion, sliced and separated into rings
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon olive oil
6 whole, peeled garlic cloves
7 crimini mushrooms, halved
1 cup hearty red wine
1 teaspoon instant coffee
1 (14 Oz) can diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon EACH dried oregano, dried thyme, turmeric, and allspice
1 bay leaf
1. Spread sliced onion rings om the bottom of crock pot.
2. Rub shanks with Worcestershire sauce, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
4. Add oil and brown the lamb shanks.
5. Place browned lamb shank, along with bits from the skillet.
6. Add to the crockpot on top on the onions.
7. Top with garlic cloves and mushrooms.
8. In a bowl, mix together red wine and next 8 ingredients.
9. Pour mixture over the vegetables and lamb shanks.
ENJOY DAN: HALLELUJAH!!