Tuesday, November 1, 2016
JACK O LANTERN CHILI ENJOY DAN:
JACK- O”-LANTERN CHILI
2-pumpkins 2-3-pounds each
2 tablespoons grape-seed oil
5 pounds’ flank steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 onions, copped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup chili powder
2 tablespoon ground cumin
1 (14.5 Oz) cans beef broth
1 bottle Bailey’ Corner I.P.A. beer
4 hot and spicy Cherry Tomatoes (Trader Joe’s)
4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2-(15 Oz) cans RO&TEL tomatoes with green chilies
1 cup sour cream
4 tablespoons lime juice
Zest of one lime
Seas salt and seasoned pepper medley
DIRECTIONS: (preheat oven to 375)
1. Slice off the top 1-1/2-inches of the pumpkin and discard.
2. Scoop out the seeds and stringy pulp.
3. Carve a spooky face onto the pumpkin, without going all the way through the flesh.
4. Rinse well, oil the outside of pumpkin.
5. Bake the pumpkin shell for 30 minutes.
6. heat a stock pot over medium-high heat and when sizzling
7. Add the steak pieces and sauté until browned on all sides.
8. Add onions and next 10 ingredients.
9. Reduce heat medium-low and cook for 4 hours.
10. The last 1 hour of cooking add sour cream, lime juice and lime zest.
11. Season with salt and pepper.
12. Place the meat mixture into the pumpkin and bake for 20-minutes.
ENJOY DAN: BE STRONG KEEP FAITH!!