Saturday, July 1, 2017
PAN FRIED CITRUS SHRIMP ENJOY DAN:
PAN FRIED CITRUS SHRIMP by CHEF DAN:
1-1/2-pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2-cup fresh lime juice
1/2-cup fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons sugar
2-star anise, broken
1 cinnamon stick
1 rosemary spring
1/2-teaspoon sea salt
1. In a blender, combine lime juice and next 8 ingredients.
2. Pulse until smooth.
3. Place lime juice mixture in a zip-lock bag.
4. Add shrimp and marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature.
5. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
6. Add shrimp and some marinade: fry about 3 minutes per side or until opaque.
7. The marinade will give the shrimp some extra flavor.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND EAT SHRIMP!!