Sunday, July 30, 2017
POONA KHEERA INDIAN HEIRLOOM CUCUMBER SALAD ENJOY DAN:
POONA KHEERA INDIAN HEIRLOOM CUCUMBER SALAD by CHEF DAN:
Severs 4 (From Foxtail Farm at Bayview Market)
2-Poona Kheera Indian heirloom cucumbers, cleaned and cubed
1 tablespoon salt
2 heirloom tomatoes, cubed
1 onion, sliced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 serrano pepper, stem removed, seeded, and finely chopped
1 teaspoon EACH tandoori masala and turmeric
1 handful cilantro leaves
1. Toss the cucumbers with the salt in a colander, and leave in the sink to drain for 30 minutes.
2. Then rinse in cold water, drain, and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Mix lemon juice, marsala, and turmeric in a bowl.
4. In a salad bowl add cucumbers, tomatoes onion, and pepper.
5. Sprinkle on lemon juice mixture and top with cilantro.
ENJOY DAN: BUY FRESH VEGETABLES AT THE FARMERS MARKET!!