Saturday, July 22, 2017
SWISS CHARD WITH ONIONS AND GARLIC ENJOY DAN:
SWISS CHARD WITH ONIONS AND GARLIC by CHEF DAN:
1 bulb garlic cloves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2-teaspoon EACH dried oregano, lemon pepper, turmeric, salt, and pepper
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2-Walla Walla sweet onion, finely chopped
2 bunches Swiss chard, coarsely chopped
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1/2-cup next toasted walnuts, chopped
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 375 F)
1. Cut off the head of the garlic to expose cloves.
2. Make double layer of aluminum foil about 6X6 inches square.
3. Place the garlic in the center and bring up both sides to form cup.
4. Drizzle olive oil and next 5 ingredients, bring side up and twist to seal.
5. Roast in preheated oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
6. In a 6-quart stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat; when sizzling.
7. Add onions and sauté for 4 minutes.
8. Add next 4 ingredients, plus roasted garlic, cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Top with toasted walnuts:
ENJOY DAN: COOK EAT SHARE!!