Tuesday, July 4, 2017
LEMONGRASS CHICKEN THIGHS PHO ENJOY DAN:
LEMONGRASS CHICKEN THIGHS PHO FOR THE TREE FARM by CHEF DAN:
20 chicken thighs
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 (8 Oz) packages of dried rice noodles
8 stalks lemongrass, trimmed, outer layers discarded, halved lengthwise,
and smashed with the side of a knife
2 quarts of chicken stock
8 garlic cloves, smashed
1/4-cup EACH soy sauce, mirin, and lemon juice
2 teaspoons EACH black pepper, and fish sauce
1 teaspoons EACH paprika, turmeric, and green chipotle powder
1. Soak the noodles in warm water for 30 minutes.
2. Drain and set aside.
3. In a skillet over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
4. Add chicken thighs and brown and brown on all sides about 12 minutes.
5. Set aside.
6. In a stock pot add lemongrass and next 9 ingredients.
7. Add cooked chicken, noodles: bring to a boil.
8. Then simmer for 15 minutes.
9. Garnish with cilantro.
ENJOY DAN: SHARING LIFE LOVE AND PHO!!