Thursday, July 6, 2017
PRESERVED LEMONS MY WAY ENJOY DAN:
PRESERVED LEMONS MY WAY by CHEF DAN:
Makes 1 quart
1/4-cup kosher salt
2 cups fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoons multi-color peppercorns
1 teaspoons cumin seeds
1/2-teaspoon coriander seeds
1/2-teaspoon cardamom seeds
1/2-teaspoon fennel seeds
1/4-teaspoon anise seeds
¼-teaspoon kalonji seeds
1/4-teaspoon black mustard seeds
3/4-cup olive oil
1. Quarter each lemon lengthwise so that it stays attached by about 1/2-inch at the stem end.
2. Transfer to a sterilized 1-quaart Mason jar, add all ingredients, except olive oil
3. Seal with tight fitting lid and seat tightly.
4. Leave on the counter for 1 week, turning daily.
5. Top the jar off with olive oil to cover lemons.
6. This will keep in the refrigerator for 4 months.
1. Pull the lemon pulp from the peel, and scrape out the pith to leave only the yellow rind.
2. Julienne, and add to your favorite dish for a lemon Zing.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND PLANT LEMON TREES!!