Thursday, July 20, 2017
SPICY COLD KIMCHI NOODLES by CHEF DAN:
4 cups blend of Daikon, carrots, and cucumber, julienned
1/2-cup aged Kimchi, cut into small pieces (From BRITTS on Whidbey Island) _
1/2-teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1-1/2-tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1-Fuji apple, julienned
1 Asian pear, julienned
1 carrot, julienned
2 tablespoon gochu garu
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon EACH sesame seeds, sesame oil, rice vinegar and honey
1 (16 Oz) package Korean Vermicelli noodles
1 tablespoon EACH sesame oil, rice vinegar, and Korean veggies (form above)
1 (12 Oz) package of mixed greens
1 shredded cucumber
2 hard boil eggs
1. Place julienned verges in a bowl and sprinkle with salt.
2. Let set about 5 minutes.
3. In another bowl mix, together Britt’s Kimchi and remaining ingredients.
4. Pour the spicy mixture over the vegetables, mix thoroughly.
5. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
1. In a food processor, blend together all Bibim ingredients until smooth.
2. In a pot of salted boiling water; cook noodles for 10 minutes.
3. Drain and rinse in cold water.
4. Place the noodles in a bowl and pour Bibim over the top, mix tougher.
David noodles among bowl; drizzle the season oil and vinegar and top with Korean vegetables, fresh misted greens, more cucumbers and hard boil egg, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGSAND EAT KOREAN KIMCHE!!