Saturday, July 29, 2017
BEET ASPARAGUS AND APPLE SALAD ENJOY DAN:
BEET ASPARAGUS AND APPLE SALAD by CHEF DAN:
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons fig vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons finely chopped basil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 bunch fresh arugula
15 asparagus spears, woody ends removed, cut into 4-inches long
1 apple, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 onion, sliced into 1/4--inch rings
1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
2 tablespoons goat cheese
1. Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. bring a skillet of lightly salted water to a boil.
4. Add the beets and cook until tender when pierce with a sharp knife.
5. About 30 minutes, drain.
6. Slip off the skins under cold running water.
7. Slice the beets 1/4-inch thick.
8. Toss the beet with 1/4-cup vinaigrette; refrigerate for 1 hour.
9. In a skillet of salted water to boil.
10. Add asparagus spears and cook about 3 minutes.
11. Drain and plunge into ice water to stop cooking.
12. In a bowl add asparagus and 1/4-cup vinaigrette.
13. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
ASSEMBLE THE SALAD:
1. Fill each plate with arugula.
2. Layer the asparagus, beets, apple slices, and onion, on salad plates.
3. Drizzle with remaining dressing around the plates and sprinkle with almonds, and goat cheese.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND PLANT VEGETABLES: