Thursday, July 6, 2017
KHORESIT FESENJAAN PERSIAN CHICKEN ENJOY DAN:
KHORESIT FESENJAAN PERSIAN CHICKEN by CHEF DAN:
4 boneless, skinless, chicken breast
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 onions, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, smashed
2-cups pomegranate juice
2 cups walnuts
1 tablespoon EACH cardamom, and ground cinnamon
1/2-teaspoon EACH turmeric, and smoked paprika
2 tablespoons saffron threads
1 medium- butternut squash, seeded and cubed
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS: (PEHEAT OVEN TO 325 F)
1. Marinate chicken in lemon juice for 1 hour.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-heat and when sizzling.
3. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
4. Reduce heat medium-low add garlic, continue cooking and stirring for 10-12 minutes.
5. Raise heat to medium-high.
6. Add chicken breasts with marinade and sauté for about 20 minutes turning once.
7. Combine walnuts and pomegranate juice to a blender and until smooth.
8. Add mixture to the chicken mixture.
9. Season with cardamom and next 4 ingredients, plus salt and pepper.
10. Stir in cubed squash.
11. Transfer entire mixture to a prepared baking dish.
12. Bake, loosely covered for about 2 hours.
13. Serve with risotto, or couscous, or penne pasta.
ENJOY DAN; SHARING LIVE LOVE FOOD AND LAUGHTER!!