Monday, July 3, 2017
WATERMELON AND TOMATO SALAD ENJOY DAN:
WATERMELON AND TOMATO SALAD by CHEF DAN:
1/2-watermelon. About 2 # (cut into 1-inch cubes)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4-teaspoon EACH cumin seeds, mustard seeds, chopped ginger, and chopped onion
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 teaspoon Lemon juice
1 cucumber, finely sliced
3 radishes thinly sliced
3-4 fresh mint leaves
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4-teaspoon EACH cayenne pepper, tandoori masala, and coriander
1/2-teaspoon EACH Truffle salt and black sesame oil
1. Place cubed watermelon in a salad bowl.
2. In a dry cast-iron skillet over low heat add cumin seeds and mustard seeds, stir until they start popping.
3. Let cool: thin in spice grander grind into a powder.
4. Add oil to a skillet over medium-heat when sizzling.
5. Add powdered seeds and next 5 ingredients, mix well.
1. Chop the tomatoes into slices and add to watermelon mixture.
1. Garnish with the cucumber slices, and radish slices.
2. Add mint leaves and remining ingredients.
3. Add to the watermelon mixtur and scoff it down:
4. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinade for 1-6 hours.
ENJOY DAN: COOK EAT SHARE!!